Frippery and Frock

Clothes, shoes, and handbags of only slightly questionable taste.

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Did hell freeze over and no one tell me?


OK, the shoes are cute, I would buy them. They're from Easy Spirit. Good, they'll be comfortable. But they cost $320! Since when does Easy Spirit sell shoes at this price? Who cares they were designed by Tara Subkoff, from the Imitation of Christ label which makes hideous clothes. I am troubled by this turn of events for several reasons, not the least of which is the possible demise of the 'extremely uncomfortable but gorgeous high heel club.' This was a club that only the most shoe-obsessed women belonged to and I don't like access being opened up by Easy Spirit. (Not that these shoes are gorgeous, cute yes. But at $320 a pop, the designers at ES will soon figure out how to do gorgeous.) In addition, I am barely comfortable shopping at ES, albeit online - never in the actual mall, and much less comfortable paying them this absurd amount of money for cute shoes. But I am powerless against a cute shoe. What next? Will Sears suddenly have desirable handbags? Well, I could go for that. Sears is kinda awesome.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home